7 Quick Takes on the Decline of Western Civilization
May 3, 2013
Hell of a week, y’all. Can’t say I’ve been particularly proud to be an American while reading/covering the news from home this week. Are you sick of seeing this on Facebook/Twitter/blogs yet? Well me too. But the truth must be revealed, even (and perhaps especially) when it’s ugly. Because the only way to defeat evil, ultimately, is to expose it to the Light.
Is the news morbid, depressing, and defeating at times? Hell yes it is. But you know what? You might assume that everyone is already aware of this or that depressing/horrifying/shocking/infuriating situation, but you’d be wrong. The reason things like Kermit Gosnell murdering hundreds of breathing, born human babies and getting paid for it in a licensed ‘medical’ facility continue to happen is because people aren’t aware, or if they are, their consciences aren’t sufficiently formed to feel horror at the scope of evil we’re dealing with.
And that’s where we come in. To bring the message of the Gospel, yes. But also to denounce the anti-Gospel. To stand up in a crowded room and identify something evil as exactly that: evil.
Does that word make you uncomfortable? It should. It is the antithesis of what it means to be fully human, an impoverishment of our God-given nature. And it’s real. And it’s destroying souls and families and nations today, just as it has for a thousand generations beforehand. But lately, it seems, we’ve become deaf and dumb to its existence. And suddenly every kind of depravity and attack on the dignity of the human person is re-branded and repackaged as a ‘lifestyle choice’, a ‘deeply personal decision,’ or the laudable evidence of ‘diversity.’
Lies. Calling something evil ‘good’ does not alter reality. And committing murder of human beings using surgical instruments doesn’t make it medicine.
So hold on to your butts, readers, because we’re going to pull back the curtain and look evil in the eye. And we’re going to spit in its face and expose it for the rest of the world to see.
1. The Gosnell Trial. Horrifying, mind-numbing, and completely over-saturated by media coverage, at least on my newsfeed. But I inhibit a particular little corner of the internet where I see a lot of coverage of all things bioethics-related. So I trust that there are still plenty of people out there who don’t know about the man who systematically murdered hundreds of unborn and born children at his filthy ‘medical’ facility over a period of decades, employing the assistance of unskilled and untrained staff members and disposing of the bodies (or keeping revolting trophies, as some serial killers are wont to do) in the most inhumane and gruesome manner. Vom now or vom later, the choice is yours.
2. Live Action President Lila Rose’s latest undercover video investigations, ‘#Inhuman’. She is a boss. She is in her early 20’s. And she is braver and more intimidating and effective than any single politician or investigative reporter on the planet. Live Action has dropped 3 shocking videos this week. None of them are shocking for what you’ll see. There are no gruesome pictures. All of them, however, are shocking for what you’ll hear:
3. The first details the willingness of late-term abortion facilities to murder accidentally-born babies should the procedure fail,
4. The second provides evidence that abortion ‘doctors’ routinely break federal law in order to deny medical aid or resuscitation to failed abortion victims,
5. The third includes a step-by-step description of how a baby is dismembered inside the uterus (or sometimes outside, after birth) and how the remains are sent out to funeral homes (even though they’re not human?) It also has some chilling footage from a Senate hearing in Florida of Planned Parenthood’s view of the human person, and of their own perception of their role in the abortion business.
6. Fox News’ correspondent on the O’Reilly factor didn’t seem to share my opinion of her. Though she didn’t seem able to form a coherent sentence, either. And had some weird facial tics going on, so I don’t know, maybe she was on something.
7. The FDA’s (and the President of the United States) endorsement of statutory rape. The Morning After abortion pill is now available OTC to children as young as 15. Who are, according to federal law and common decency, protected from sexual exploitation by statutory rape laws in every state in our nation. But just in case you get one of them pregnant, no worries, you can easily send her down to Walmart or CVS for a powerful dose of the dangerous and potent drug Levonorgestrel and bam, problem solved.
I find it deeply ironic and more than a little disturbing that the President is himself father to two teenage daughters. But remember, this is the same man who doesn’t want them ‘punished with a baby.’ Best make the Morning After pill available to teens then, to make certain the cycle of destructive behavior and precocious sexuality our young people are enslaved to continues to spiral out of control. Hell, why not officially endorse it? So there you have it. Depressing, disgusting, and oh-so-necessary to share until there is no filthy, darkened corner for this madness to hide in. Mother Teresa, who surely saw more filth and depravity in a day than the average human being could stomach in a lifetime, tells us we must ‘be the change we wish to see in the world.’ And so we must.
If you’re still reading, good on you, solider. Head over the Jen’s to have some peace restored.