Not that I have anybody left to tag at this stage in the game, buuuuut, in the spirit of internet sportsmanship, and because Ana is awesome, I will comply. Also, I love looking at pictures of people from the 90s wearing denim ‘shorter-alls.’ And I feel like this is a really great opportunity to see more of that.
Without further ado: The hottest trend in the mommyblogosphere
1. The first rule is to post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 things about yourself/your life .
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6 out of 7 Senour siblings on a trampoline agree. 1999 was a very good year.
(I’m the sultry, Sun-In blonde in the background, awkwardly clasping my poor sister Hillary.)
11 things about me? Yes please, since Lent took Facebook from me, I’ve been suffocating in an introverted shell of keeping personal details…well, personal.
1. My first job ever was as a lifeguard at our country club. And it was a ghetto fabulous country club, let me make that quite clear. Case in point: I painted the interior of the men’s locker room in mildew-resistant waterproof paint. For 6.50 an hour.
2. My second-45th jobs were at various and sundry restaurant establishments, including (but not limited to) Denny’s, Village Inn, Damon’s AND Bob Evan’s, (both in Steubenville, both for 5 minutes out of very real fear for my own life) Old Chicago’s, Red Robin and probably 14 more that I’ve blocked from my pain-filled memory. Can I get you a refill?
3. I am a choleric introvert. That means I’d like to take over the world, but I am crippled by the prospect of making small talk at dinner parties. Thankfully I married another undercover introvert, and we spend most of our evenings reading silently in bed for 45 minutes every night.
4. I am the oldest of 7 children, and there is a 17 year gap between me and my youngest brother Patrick. When he was born, my best friend and I would take him to the mall and play ‘unwed teenage mother.’ For reals.
5. I was raised in a semi-wild subdivision populated by foxes, deer and the occasional mountain lion and/or black bear. As a direct result, our family pets were notoriously short-lived to the point of being considered ‘disposable.’ My brother recently had his deceased shit-zu replaced by a pair of kittens, one of which went mysteriously missing weeks later…
6. I am a writer/editor/journalist … which is what I always wanted to do when I was little. (The only missing pie piece is astronaut, but I’m hoping to revisit that one after menopause…)
7. I was a crazy, crazy party animal in college. I transferred to Franciscan my senior year and ‘dried up,’ so to speak, but I still have to resist the urge to empty entire bottles of wine by my lonesome. What can I say? When I hear Usher or Nelly on the radio, I can get a little crazy.
8. My little sister is my best friend, and we talk on the phone at least two times a day during the week. If she didn’t live 2,000 miles away, we’d probably split a duplex and raise our wolves together.
9. I love being at the gym. I feel skinny just walking in the doors, and conversely, feel morbidly obese on days I don’t go.
10. I am prone to biting sarcasm, hyperbole and the occasional (maybe too occasional) curse word.
11. I am a secret Star Wars fanatic. I had like 4 logo/character t-shirts in middle school, and wore them regularly in public. So shameful….
And now for Ana’s lovely queries:
1) favorite color and why? hot pink. I tell Dave it’s my ‘power color’
2) favorite kind of shoe to wear? Reef flip flops. Sadly, I haven’t owned a pair since college
3) best time of day? The moment he gets home from work 🙂
4) Favorite book? Fr. Elijah by Michael O’Brien
5) Jeans or skirt? Skirt… love
6) Favorite movie? The Empire Strikes Back (hangs head in shame)
7) How many kids would you like? As many as God gives us.
8) If you could wake up anywhere tomorrow, where would it be? Roma
11) Favorite person? My darling husband, or Dave Ramsey
And fiiiiinally, my questions back to the blogosphere:
1. What would you do with a spare hour (child-free)? 2. What is your favorite mixed drink? 3. Weirdest/fondest holiday tradition in your family? 4. Favorite Saint/role model? 5. Worst job you’ve ever had? 6. Favorite guilty shopping pleasure? 7. Where did you meet your husband/significant other? 8. Pregnancy: love it or loathe it? (in other words, are you a happy gestator or a grumpy mama) 9. Favorite season? 10. Organic produce or name-brand coffee? (fess up your grocery store weaknesses) 11. pedicure or massage?