I'm throwing down the gauntlet: what are your views on the Church's hardline stance against the use of contraception, not only within marriage, but in general? What are your well-founded and carefully researched opinions on the following:
- the effects of contraceptive use on the overall rate of abortion? Related issues?
- the effects of contraceptive use on the overall quality and endurance of marriage, as an institution and on an individual basis.
- the effects of a "contraceptive mentality" in parenting? Negative effects on existing children?
- the connection, if any, between contraception and marital infidelity. Teenage and college-aged promiscuity.
- the availability of contraception and the prevalence of sexual violence against women. Children.